Cast Deadline for Applications: 18 Nov 2021 Start Date: 18 Nov 2021 Salary: 9.05
Working hours vary including evenings, weekends and Bank holidays as required.
To work within Cast Technical Department, utilising their skills/interests of all disciplines including Stage, Lighting and Sound for performances at Cast and on events in the area.
Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust is an equal opportunities employer
· To assist with get-ins and get-outs, unloading and loading vehicles of equipment
· To assist or carry out aspects of Lighting/Sound and Stage related activity during get-ins, fit-ups, rehearsals, performances and get-outs, in Cast spaces and elsewhere for visiting and in-house productions, performances and events, as directed by the Technical Managers
· To operate technical equipment as required for performances, rehearsals or events, including, sound & lighting desks, counterweight flying system, follow spots and special effects (including pyrotechnics)
· To contribute to effective lines of communication, within the technical department and across the organisation, working as part of a team.
· To work as a technician with show duties when required and on occasions facilitate appropriate cover for other members of staff, during annual leave and scheduled days off.
· To ensure that technical equipment that is used in working areas are deployed in a clean, orderly and safe condition and to take appropriate care of all such items.
· To assist when required in the maintenance of lighting, sound and stage equipment or machinery, accessories and installed systems.
· To assist in the maintenance of Lighting, Sound and electrical equipment within Cast ensuring they are maintained and tested according to Cast standard operating procedures.
· To ensure that clear, accurate and accessible show related documentation is compiled and kept up to date according to the needs of the production or event
· Help to ensure that all staff and visiting companies are working safely, especially when working at height and take responsibility for upholding good working practices across the organisation.
· To assist in the provision of technical facilities and support for all Cast Participatory programmes of activities, including tuition and guidance to students on Cast Technical Summer School, providing industry talks to students and groups touring the building.
· To work unsociable hours including evenings, weekends, public holidays and overnight if necessary, in order to deliver the activities of Cast (DPV Ltd)
· To attend the production, planning, staff and other meetings as required
· To take part in formal and informal training programmes as required to support your continual professional development
· To contribute to good housekeeping in the technical areas and ensure the stage, lighting and sound areas are kept clean and tidy
· To use IT equipment to produce and update timesheets and show relevant documentation (including show reports and production information sheets) and to file it centrally so that it can be accessed as and when required.
General DCLT Duties
· To assist the Chief Executive of DCLT(or designate) and their appointed staff in all practical matters as directed, relating to the efficient and effective operating of the activities and functions of Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust
· To undertake any other reasonable duties required to fulfil the mission and business objectives of Cast (DPV) and DCLT
· To work within a performance management framework
NOTE: these duties and responsibilities should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive, as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties within Doncaster Culture & Leisure Trust, commensurate with the grading of the post.
Direct reporting lines lead through Doncaster Performance Venue Ltd to the DPV Board of Trustees, although the individual is employed by Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust.All Vacancies Apply Now
Copyright DCLT 2022. All rights reserved. Doncaster Culture & Leisure Trust Registered in England and Wales No 4410993 VAT Number 847 3000 45 Registered Charity No 1103465 Doncaster Conferences Catering an Events Ltd, Registered in England and Wales No 4373252 is a wholly owned subsidiary of DCLT.