The Social Isolation and Loneliness Alliance (SIA)
The Social Isolation and Loneliness Alliance (SIA) is a collaboration of partners from the public, voluntary, community and faith sectors who are committed to reducing social isolation andlonelinessinDoncaster.
People of all ages can feel lonely and isolated at times, even when surrounded by people. This is a priority issue for the SIA and large sections of the voluntary and public sectors are working to support people of all ages impacted by social isolation and loneliness.
Through our range of partners, the SIA can offer access to:
- Support packages to combat poor mental and physical health and well-being.
- Be-friending sessions online and face to face.
- Substance misuse advice and rehabilitation programmes.
- Social welfare advice, and support.
- A range of engaging physical activity, social, recreational, cultural, and creative programmes.
- Local food banks to tackle food poverty.
- Social prescribing programmes.
- Community-led and peer support programmes.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Access to other agencies to support complex needs.
Anyone who needs help or advice or has no other support can ring the SIA Helpline seven days a week Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm and Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 5 pm.
Helpline number: 01302 430322