Great Activities for your pupils at Doncaster Culture & Leisure Trust
Whether its to reward your pupils or just to simply have fun, we have something your group will enjoy.
So what can you do with us? Glad you asked because there is a lot!
- Big splash Swim at the Dome with all the flumes
- Just swimming in a pool
- Ice Skating
- Playzone Soft play
- Football indoor and outdoor
- Canoe & Kayaking
- Raft Building
- Bush Craft
All great for a fantastic day out, or if you would like something more, residential and camping options will add a whole new dynamic.
We can cater for all groups large and small, including hot and cold food.
Let us build your perfect day to create memories you will never forget. Get in touch and start your groups great time for less than you may think.
Water Safety Sessions
As the warmer months and school holidays get nearer it is important to educate children on the dangers of open water and more importantly the methods in which you can save your own life.
That's why DCLT has some exclusive sessions to teach your class the essentials of water safety taking place at Hatfield Outdoor Activity Centre. These sessions are split into 2 area's theory and practice, in the theory session instructors talk and educate about open water, the hazards and different features like lock and weirs. In the practical session, pupils will be able to really find out what it is like to jump into a lake, feel cold water and use some of the safety aids commonly found around our lakes and canals in Doncaster.
What would the day look like?
- 9.30am - 9.45am Arrival
- 10am - 12pm Fun classroom session theory based
- 12pm - 1pm Lunch
- 1pm - 3pm Fun Activity
- 3pm Departure
The afternoon is a great chance to try one of the great activities at Hatfield, choose from high ropes, climbing, archery and much more
The day costs £20 pp + vat and includes lunch water safety and the fun session, fun with learning
Simply fill out the below or call 01302 370777 and we can find a date and time to suit your class
Book your session
Teaching Pupils to swim
Having 8 swimming pools across Doncaster we are ideal for providing your swimming lessons. We already provide swimming lessons to many schools across the borough thanks to our flexibility and nationally recognise swimming programme with Swim England. this is the text
We are also pleased to announce DCLT was voted the Swim England national provider of the year 2017!
There are many benefits to learning to swim with us, we follow a nationally recognised curriculum provided by the governing body - Swim England. The Swim England scheme of work improve standards of swimming teaching and assessment over a 19-week programme.
The school swimming lessons we offer are fantastic value and have many benefits.
- We guarantee that delivering our programme means your school will comply with National Curriculum requirements and standards.
- All children get positive re-enforcement throughout the programme with certificates for the children to take home.
- Teachers will feel motivated and valued by receiving substantial support and specialised resources on how to teach swimming.
- Healthier futures, children learning to swim with us get FREE unlimited swimming at any DCLT venue (including The Doncaster Dome) whilst they learn. This, in turn, gets the children families actively engaged in exercise and promotes good health.
- Experienced staff to get your school swimming with minimal stress. Support throughout time with us and a report of how your pupils have done at the end of the programme. Plus being a swimming provider for many local Doncaster schools we know what it takes to get you set up and deliver to pupil’s year after year.
To find out more simply fill out your school’s details and we can arrange you swim school
There are three Bikeability levels, each designed to improve cycling skills, no matter what is known already. Levels 1, 2 and 3 take trainees from the basics of balance and control, all the way to planning and making an independent journey on busier roads.
At Level 1 new riders learn to control and master their bikes in a space away from traffic such as a playground or closed car park. Trainees will usually be trained in a group of 3-12, though individual training may also be available in your area. At Level 1 you can:
- prepare yourself and your bike for cycling
- get on and off your bike without help
- start off, pedal and stop with control
- pedal along, use gears and avoid objects
- look all around and behind, and control the bike
- share space with pedestrians and other cyclists
Level 2 takes place on local streets, giving trainees a real cycling experience. Trainees learn how to deal with traffic on short journeys such as cycling to school or the local shops. Trainees are usually trained in small groups – up to 6 trainees per instructor – though individual training may also be available. At Level 2 you can:
- prepare for on-road cycling
- start and finish an on-road journey
- recognise typical hazards
- let others know what you are about to do
- know where to ride on the road
- pass parked vehicles and side roads
I want Bikability