Here at Doncaster Culture and Leisure Trust, we love to work with schools to achieve your goals for pupils and enrich the curriculum you teach.
What can we offer I hear you say?
Teaching Pupils to swim
Having 8 swimming pools across Doncaster we are ideal for providing your swimming lessons. We already provide swimming lessons to many schools across the borough thanks to our flexibility and nationally recognise swimming programme with Swim England.
There are many benefits to learning to swim with us, we follow a nationally recognised curriculum provided by the governing body - Swim England. The Swim England scheme of work improve standards of swimming teaching and assessment over a 19-week programme.
The school swimming lessons we offer are fantastic value and have many benefits.
- We guarantee that delivering our programme means your school will comply with National Curriculum requirements and standards.
- All children get positive re-enforcement throughout the programme with certificates for the children to take home.
- Teachers will feel motivated and valued by receiving substantial support and specialised resources on how to teach swimming.
- Healthier futures, children learning to swim with us get FREE unlimited swimming at any DCLT venue (including The Doncaster Dome) whilst they learn. This in turn, gets the children families active engaged with exercise and promotes good health.
- Experienced staff to get your school swimming with minimal stress. Support throughout time with us and a report of how your pupils have done at the end of the programme. Plus being a swimming provider for many local Doncaster schools we know what it takes to get you set up and deliver to pupil’s year after year.
To find out more simply fill out your school’s details and we can arrange you swim school
There are three Bikeability levels, each designed to improve cycling skills, no matter what is known already. Levels 1, 2 and 3 take trainees from the basics of balance and control, all the way to planning and making an independent journey on busier roads.
At Level 1 new riders learn to control and master their bikes in a space away from traffic such as a playground or closed car park. Trainees will usually be trained in a group of 3-12, though individual training may also be available in your area. At Level 1 you can:
- prepare yourself and your bike for cycling
- get on and off your bike without help
- start off, pedal and stop with control
- pedal along, use gears and avoid objects
- look all around and behind, and control the bike
- share space with pedestrians and other cyclists
Level 2 takes place on local streets, giving trainees a real cycling experience. Trainees learn how to deal with traffic on short journeys such as cycling to school or the local shops. Trainees are usually trained in small groups – up to 6 trainees per instructor – though individual training may also be available. At Level 2 you can:
- prepare for on-road cycling
- start and finish an on-road journey
- recognise typical hazards
- let others know what you are about to do
- know where to ride on the road
- pass parked vehicles and side roads
From an afternoon or morning, right through to a full week of activities, Hatfield Outdoor Activity Centre offers complete flexibility in the ‘design’ of your activity programme.We can plan and develop an activity programme that will allow your group to fully achieve their aims and objectives.
These activities provide the foundation for learning and contribute to the outcomes set within "Every Child Matters". These outcomes include;
- Increase self-confidence
- Enhancing leadership
To Start designing you adventure for an unforgettable school trip simply enquire below and we'll get in touch.
Want a the Hatfield School brochure? Click here
Find out more and create your bespoke adventure day simply fill out the form below.